Researcher and author Brene Brown once said, “When we deny our stories, they define us.”
And our stories, my friend, are exactly what cause us to block money in our business.
In this video I dive into limiting money beliefs – what they sound like – and how to uncover yours!
This Money Mindset Strategy #19 – Transform Your Money Beliefs, is about understanding your money blocks and learning to transform them (because who wants to block money?).
In this vlog we’re going to uncover your money blocks. In next’s weeks vlog we’ll focus on transforming these blocks
Let’s begin by looking at your limiting money beliefs:
Financially, we only earn what we already know we can earn.
Here is what I mean by that. What you think you can do is based on two things: (1) what you already know and (2) the facts your past has created.
Then you create a plan for yourself based on that.
And what you already know, and the facts your past has created are built on your money blocks.
Money blocks surface in relationship to the people in your life, to gender, culture, ancestors, and religious upbringing.
Here are some questions to ask yourself to unpack your money blocks
- What did your mom think, believe or demonstrate around money?
- What did your dad think, believe or demonstrate about money?
- What did you gender teach you about money?
- What did your culture show you about money?
- What did your ancestors bring through?
- What did religion teach you about money?
Answering those questions will help to uncover your money blocks. You also want to look at how you are limiting yourself.
Here are some questions to help you uncover subconscious and conscious ways you limit yourself with money.
- How are you playing small for fear that you will hurt someone if you make more money?
- Is there a certain person who would be the most upset?
- Who would you become if you had a lot of money?
- What fear do you have around this?
- For example, complete the following statement:
- If I make a lot of money, I will feel guilty that ____.
- Who would be affected if you were to stop struggling?
- How do you view people who are wealthy now? are those people filthy rich?
- One a scale of 1 to 10, how much are these viewpoints affecting you?
If any of these are hot for you, go deeper
The goal is to understand how you are limiting yourself.
Comment below and let me know what you learned about your money blocks!
P.S. Be sure to let me know in the comments your biggest takeaway! (I respond to every comment personally.)
P.P.S. Are you ready to Master Money Now? Go here to get started.
Wish you had more courage? Here’s How…
Courage is not an inherited trait in our DNA. So why do some people seem to have tons of courage while others can never find enough courage? Here’s why, and what to do to have more courage.
Authenticity = Abundance and here is why…
If you weren’t ashamed of who you are what would be possible? You would be overwhelmed by abundance and your own success. In business, how you feel about yourself has a direct impact on your sales, and therefore your own abundance.
Making this assumption is good for your business!
How many of the people you encounter on a daily basis are you willing to see as prospective clients or customers? Or do you keep wondering where your clients are and constantly bemoan the fact that you can never find people who want to work with you? Your attitude has a significant impact on your ability to attractive prospective clients and customers.
Stop being so positive! It’s hurting your business.
Being positive all the time actually isn’t great for business. Say what?!? Here’s why your new age approach of being all-positive, all the time is draining the money out of your business.
You want to create money immediately, but don’t know where to start? Do this…
Most entrepreneurs, when faced with a financial crisis, either freeze or go into massive hustle mode. Neither of these approaches work. Learn why, and learn a different approach that will always generate financial results.