Okay, so maybe you’ve already heard me (and other coaches) say how important it is to get in touch with your desire in order to grow your business, but you’re not exactly sure how to pinpoint your desire.
I’m going to give you some POWERFUL questions to ask yourself to get in touch with your desire, because the more you focus on your desire (and not your fear) the more capable you will be of reaching your financial goals.
And that’s because you’ll be focused on what you DO WANT, instead of what you DON’T WANT.
To really get in touch with your desire, start with this framework…
Be a neutral, non-judgmental observer of your own desire.
Your desire is clearly stated, and stated in the positive (what you want, not what you DON’T want)
Your desire is initiated and maintained by YOU. (In other words, you don’t have to rely on someone else changing or doing something.)
Your desire is easy to measure. We know what it would mean to attain it – or we know when we have it.
Your desire is an appropriate size – “doable, but a stretch” (Chunk down bigger outcomes into smaller pieces – eat the elephant one bite at a time!)
Your desire includes your big WHY – what is the emotional reason WHY behind it?
Here are some deep questions to help you tune into your current primary desire in your business. I encourage you to journal on all these questions:
- What do you really want –or– What would you like?
- What’s the outcome you would like to create?
- What is the desire of your heart?
- What are your secret thoughts? What do you fantasize about?
- What are you passionate about?
- What gets you out of bed in the morning?
- What really pisses you off that you want to do something about?
- What is the legacy you want to leave?
- If you knew you were absolutely going to be wildly successful doing it, what would you desire to do, be or have?
- What will having that do for you? (WHY is that important to you?)
- How will you (or I) know when you have it? What will you see, hear or feel?
- If I were following you around for a day after you had it, what would I see?
- Where, when and with whom do you want it?
- Who might be affected if you created this outcome? In other words, what might be the consequence to you and all the other people who are closest to you?
- What (if anything) might you lose that you value (is important to you) if you were to have that?
- If other people’s judgments and opinions didn’t matter, would you still pick the same thing?
- If nothing would stop you, what would you pick?
- If all judgments and obstacles and circumstances were removed, what would you pick?
- How would you FEEL if you had those things?
Let me know what desire you have created for yourself and your business! Comment below…
And click below if you would like a cheatsheet with these questions, for later!